What We Do
We make tools for teachers to help sexually abused kids. Because THE PROBLEM IS BIGGER THAN YOU THINK.
That's 7 of 24 students in an average U.S. classroom!
Many victim-rights agencies believe the number is even higher due to the secretive nature of the crime, and differing laws about what constitutes abuse.
HOW SCHOOLS CAN HELP
Out of the kids that are abused, only 1 in 3 report it in the U.S. Of those, far fewer receive thorough treatment from an experienced mental health professional trained in sexual abuse recovery.
That means that the vast majority of childhood sexual abuse survivors never receive proper treatment for a condition that can rob them of a happy and productive life.
Schools receive 42% of reports
made--far more than even the police. Therefore, schools need to know -
• Detailed warning signs
• What to do after they make a report
• How to help a child if there is no therapist
• What to do if abuse cannot be confirmed
THE TEACHERS TRAUMA TOOLKIT TEACHES WHAT SCHOOLS NEED TO KNOW. FREE.
We put tools into the hands of teachers.
Even if there is no therapist
and even if abuse is never confirmed.
Our free 3x5 TOOLTip cards, 8x10 TOOLTracker pages and 8x10 TOOLBook PDF downloads--as well as text, audio and video files from the best web resources--are specially created or curated –
• For teachers with no mental health training
• To educate, track and deliver skills needed in recovery
• To be non-intrusive (reporting and safety plans excepted)
• Can be used whether or not abuse has been confirmed
• Are free with no credit card or subscription fees required